<bgsound src="./media/04 - Ride To Fort Hays.mp3" loop=false>
NORTHWEST LOGGING HISTORY
George W. English - at OSO
The images below, with the words copied from the Skagit River Journal  describes what information is possible.
The last camp English started
during his life was Camp 12,

on Deer Creek,
 in 1930.

The company logged there
until 1944 when they sold
the operation to the
Puget Sound Pulp and Timber Co.

When they sold out,
 250 men were on the payroll ,
and the combined camps
had taken out about
2 1/2 billion board feet
of lumber from the hills.

Section Map: