The completion of the last bridge into Darrington and
the arrival of the first train on May 31, 1901,
produced a boom in the town.
By now, the town was laid out with 60-foot-wide streets
running east and west through the center.
More settled businesses came in.
John Montague came up from Oso and
with Charles E. Moore started a store.
The United States Mill employed 100 men
and cut 23,000 board feet per day.